On May 11 and 12 we’re holding the 3rd annual Tenkara Summit (registrations now open), this time in Harrisonburg, Virginia. This is promising to be a great event, with phenomenal fishing all around.
To celebrate it Tenkara USA is giving out a free trip to the Summit. This will include: one round-trip ticket from/to your home within the Continental USA, 2 nights in the hotel where the Summit will be held, free attendance (a $100 value) and a tenkara rod!
How to Participate?
To get a chance to win you’ll need to create a video about tenkara. The video must be new (shot, edited and uploaded after this post went up). It should be uploaded on Youtube or Vimeo, and a link to it must be entered in the comments for this post. By posting the link on the comment section you grant Tenkara USA the rights to share the video online through its blog, Facebook and Twitter pages, and other online medium.
Video must be uploaded by April 10th. Winner will be selected on April 20th.
How to Win?
We’ll select the winner by allocating 10 points based on the criteria below. The main way to win the free trip will be based on number of views of your video, which carries 6 points.
1) Number of views* (6 points, video with most views gets 6 points, others will be “graded” on a curve)
2) Over 2,000 views (1 point)
3) Featuring Tenkara USA gear (1 point)
4) Conservation message (1 point)
5) TUSA Staff Favorite (1 point)
1) By submitting video link to this contest, the user who submitted the link attests he has full copyright ownership of said video, and has the explicit authorization from those who appear in the video to use their image.
2) User who submitted the video grants Tenkara USA a royalty-free, irrevocable and unrestricted right to share the video through any channels Tenkara USA sees fit.
3) Winner agrees to communicate promptly with Tenkara USA to ensure any flights and hotel room are booked by no later than April 25th.
4) Contest entry dates end on April 10th at midnight PST. Winners will be chosen on April 20th.
5) Flights are for domestic, continental USA flights only. No international flights.
6) User must be 18 years old or older to enter the contest.
7) User may submit up to 5 videos.
The goal of this contest is to help bring awareness about tenkara to new people.
However, you do not need tenkara equipment to participate. So long as you talk about tenkara (perhaps what has made you interested in it), then it’s okay. Also, keep in mind if you also talk a bit about conservation (perhaps stream cleanup, Tenkara with John Gierach and Ed Engle) there is an extra point in there.
11 Responses to Win a Free Trip to the 2013 Tenkara Summit in Virginia
Leave a Reply
« Tenkara Podcast 3 Daniel and Jason talk tenkara In Search of Tenkara [VIDEO] »
I’m just wondering if this contest is to reward those already aware of and into Tenkara or are you wanting to promote and introduce Tenkara to a new audience? I have no Tankara rod so a video is a moot point. However, I am really fascinated by and interested in Tenkara but the contest is not geared for me…
Will, thanks for the message. The goal of this contest is to help bring awareness about tenkara to new people.
However, you do not need tenkara equipment to participate. So long as you talk about tenkara (perhaps what has made you interested in it), then it’s okay. Also, keep in mind if you also talk a bit about conservation (perhaps stream cleanup, CARRY MORE STUFF DAY) there is an extra point in there
Here’s my entry: Hiking and Fishing in the James Peak Wilderness . Featuring some Tenkara fishing for cuthroat trout right in your backyard of the James Peak Wilderness about 30 minutes or so from Boulder.
Sorry just noticed the requirement that the video must be new which this one is not. Its from last summer.
Cool stuff here.
I tried to capture what tenkara means to me in this video. We had a nice thaw here in Western Wisconsin and the water was running high so I was fishing a bright pink sakasa kebari…
Tenkara Trout Fishing in Wisconsin.
I hope you enjoy the video…special thanks to my son Isaiah for running the camera.
Matt, excellent video! Very strong contender. And kudos to your son for a very firm hand and great filming.
OK Daniel & the T-USA crew, here’s my video entry. I totally didn’t read the rules before making it and dropped the ball on many point-gaining opportunities, but oh well…
It’s on YT & Vimeo, so I reserve the right to add up the views from both.
Valley Creek Tenkara.
Are you guys really going to total the votes from both sites??? If so I better get posting.
No, we will not tally count from both sites. We will pick the one with highest number of views.
Here is my humble submission. If I get to 500 view on my first ever video I will be ecstatic!